[CTS] Re: DSL Modem

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 19:11:50 -0500

Amen on that - changed my share of them in small business that had no need
for them other than someone made a killing on selling and installing it when
(as you mention) a cheapo Pentium/PII machine (many times their file server
works well) and doing all the sharing/routing/firewall through it. I'm not
going to suggest Hal do that as I don't know their specifics at that site.
I've only had one that I absolutely had to reinstall a replacement Cisco -
part of a 3rd party job and the workorder specified remove old - install and
setup new. Easy $350 labor on that since it took a while to determine that
the Cisco router was at fault not letting anything on the outside talk and
wouldn't take remote SNMP commands either.

---

RB Custom Services is growing!
See our website at http://www.rbcs.8m.com - in rework but changing daily

Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://listoptions.computertalkshop.com