[CoMoDev] Re: Future of PDAs

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rick Sands <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:40:29 -0500

Mark Moss was bugging me today about updating the meeting info, too.  Sorry to
go all to pieces on you guys. The "when" for our next meeting is Friday Oct 28,
conditional on having a "where" at that time, which shouldn't be too much of a
problem.  I'll fire off an email to the usual hosts and see who'd like to take
us in this month.

Like Rick, I'd be interested in having an open-ended discussion about the state
of the market (platforms, device classes, software classes, etc).  I think you
have to be careful about some of those user forums or you can get a pretty
skewed view of things.  This continues to be a hard time for the Palm OS--the
Treo on Windows has given people the impression that Palm has abandoned Palm
OS, when I think almost all of the evidence points to the contrary.  And the
ACCESS buyout is, IMO, a very good thing.  As for the PDA vs smartphone
markets, there's a lot to talk about.

For the meeting a week from Friday we also have a presentation set up
tentatively by a local startup called Walking Orbit that's doing some
interesting stuff in telematics.

Who all can make it at 6:30pm a week from this Friday?

David