[CoMoDev] Re: Future of PDAs

  • From: "Andrei P." <andreip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:08:23 -0600

I'm going to be there.

Andrei Podoplelov

-----Original Message-----
From: comodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:comodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David Beers
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:40 PM
To: Rick Sands
Subject: [CoMoDev] Re: Future of PDAs

Mark Moss was bugging me today about updating the meeting info, too.  Sorry
to go all to pieces on you guys. The "when" for our next meeting is Friday
Oct 28, conditional on having a "where" at that time, which shouldn't be too
much of a problem.  I'll fire off an email to the usual hosts and see who'd
like to take us in this month.

Like Rick, I'd be interested in having an open-ended discussion about the
state of the market (platforms, device classes, software classes, etc).  I
think you have to be careful about some of those user forums or you can get
a pretty skewed view of things.  This continues to be a hard time for the
Palm OS--the Treo on Windows has given people the impression that Palm has
abandoned Palm OS, when I think almost all of the evidence points to the
contrary.  And the ACCESS buyout is, IMO, a very good thing.  As for the PDA
vs smartphone markets, there's a lot to talk about.

For the meeting a week from Friday we also have a presentation set up
tentatively by a local startup called Walking Orbit that's doing some
interesting stuff in telematics.

Who all can make it at 6:30pm a week from this Friday?

David