Re: [CollabLaw] Five-year practice requirement? Logic?

  • From: mariaalbafisch@xxxxxxx
  • To: CollabLaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:46:05 -0400

In mental health, supervision or mentoring are assumed to be necessary in any new skilsl practice. When I first learned to do hypnosis, though I am a very experienced clinician, my colleagues and I set up a study group to learn together. Lawyers are asked, much more, to just fly by the seat of their pants, pretending that they know what they are doing. I think it is a disservice to lawyers to ask that they work that way. So,I think that mentoring in a deliberate and planful way needs to become a norm in a profession that does not have that norm. I am relieved to hear everyone interested in developing that process. Maria Alba-Fisch
The Collaborative Divorce Team of the Hudson Valley