[citw150] Lesson 3 Question 6

  • From: "Stacey Perrin" <perrins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: < <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 01:46:57 -0400

I decided to read up on viruses primarily worms because we had a worm in
our groupwise system last year at school and it wasn't fun.  We were all
getting emails from each other that we hadn't sent each other, this is
how the worm was spreading itself.

The worm that I read about was the Mydoom worm.  The worm was one of
the worst experts say.  It hit between 200,000-300,000 computers before
it was stopped.  It caused computers to slow down and meaningless
messages to everyone infected.  The subject line had technical terms in
it tempting everyone to open it and read it.  Many companies shut down
their system until the worm was removed for good.  For more info visit
the following site:
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=virus.htm&url=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1-979473,00.html

Stacey Perrin

"You are not obliged to succeed, but you are obliged to try" -- Author
unknown