[citw150] Re: Lesson 3 Question 6

  • From: Jessica May <maskaj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:03:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello this is Jessica
I would agree on your comments about security and
using a viruse software to protect there selfs. A
begginner like myself need to update often because I
am just now knowing what to look out for as far a
virus. I also know there are hacker but I unplug my
cable ever night.
--- Dale Vaughn <avagio@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Class,
>     I think that a major issue with the Internet
> today is security, most users do not realize the
> large potential for security breaches.  The general
> public does realize the potential for computer virus
> attacks as as other attacks.  I think that everbody
> should use virus scan software and keep thier
> definitions updated, I update mine every morning
> before checking my email.  I also think that anyone
> with a high speed Internet connection should use a
> firewall, WindowsXP has built in firewall but I
> wonder how many people actually use it who should, I
> tried for months to convince my dad to install a
> firewall for his DSL connection and when he finally
> did he was amazed at the number of attacks blocked
> and the decrease in problems with his computer.
> People who use wireless networks in thier homes and
> businesses should be using encryption security,
> otherwise information on the network can be easily
> accessed by outside intruders, I read an article
> inthe newpaper about a man who was
>  stealing credit card numbers from a home
> improvement store by accessing the wireless network
> from the parking lot using a notebook computer.  For
> more information on Firewalls for home PCs visit
> http://www.firewallguide.com/.
>

> Dale Vaughn
> avagio@xxxxxxxxxxx
> "Snap-On Tools .... there is a difference"

=====
Jessica C May

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail