[citw150] CITW150 L6 Q4

  • From: Robin Mingus <mingusrobin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:55:14 -0700 (PDT)

Fellow classmates,

I found this job at http://michigan.gov/careers/ and it reads as follows:
Position: Web Developer
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Area of Interest:
Req #: meij-00002693

Title: Web Developer
Location: Fred Meijer Building - Grand Rapids, MI

The individual selected for this position will be responsible for
creating web pages from the Web Designers creative using HTML, JavaScript, CSS
and ASP, and other web development tools. This role integrates various
components such as animations, sounds, database connectivity and Flash.

Other responsibilities include the following:

* Testing and bug fixing
* Scheduling new content in our content management system
* Ensure the site appears properly on all target browsers and Internet devices
(according to W3C standards), including Windows and Mac
* Ensure all content works well within our content management software
* Create pages in our content management software templates that will be used
by other departments to post their information (employment, promotions, etc.)
* Define the end user requirements (lowest browser version to target, what is
end user connection speed, what plug-ins will they need and how do we detect if
they have them, how do they get them, what constraints do all of the previous
impose?)
* Work with the Meijer ITS team to ensure necessary back-end components are
implemented on schedule
* Must stay up to date with all technological advances, browser and mobile
internet technologies and update team on opportunities that these new
technologies will create
Requirements:
The individual selected for this position must posses the following:

* Four-year University or College Degree or commensurate online experience
* Specific education in website/interactive design is a plus or please list
continuing education workshops taken during last 2 years
* Minimum 5 years experience in Internet site production
* Agency or Corporate Development internet site development preferred
* Application experience in Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Indesign, flash,
Dreamweaver, Expressions/FrontPage, Microsoft Office, all email clients and
browsers
* RESUME MUST INCLUDE OUTSTANDING EXAMPLES OF RESULTS ACHIEVED ON PAST SITES.
INCLUDE DIGITAL PORFOLIO AND WEB SITE LINKS
* Subject matter expert in HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and able to create fully
compatible tableless pages
* Able to work in ASP, .NET, Classic ASP, SQL (stored procedures), MSSQL
server, XML, Ajax
* Must be familiar with delivery of web graphics, including palette issues,
tools, bandwidth, and internet device considerations and limitations

Back to Results Page

"Your potential is a great deal better than anyone will ever permit you to
believe" L. Ron Hubbard

Robin Mingus
Lansing, Michigan
mingusrobin@xxxxxxxxx