[chaoscope] Re: Let's hear your thoughts about 0.3

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:14:59 +0100

Hi Peter, hello all,

I'm in no position to criticise, be it constructive or otherwise. Chaoscope is truly brilliant!

Oh it was a rethorical request, I'm filtering all negative adjectives and posts that contain any of them don't make it to the mailing-list. :-)

But one suggestion I have is to be able to create larger attractors. In version 0.2.1 I was able to render to 4000x3000 pixels (like this one: http://www.lowfuss.com/peter/hosting/Xpost2006-12/Smoke.gif ), but on version 0.3 I get the message "Unable to link rendering context.".

Haven't had that one yet, would switching to Simple Preview in the Options be of any help? What is the maximum size you've been able to create without an error message?

Obviously, this isn't really a bug nor a problem for me personally, I just like rendering really large images.

I've rendered 8000x6000 images in Gas mode with 0.3, and so should you. Large renders are relevant when you want to print your image at 300 dpi or if you want perfect anti-aliasing for your solid render.

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez