[cdvdburn] Re: Failure to produce a disc I can read

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 11:45:12 +0100

I have just tried writing again. I used the same directory of isoimages,
etc, as before. This time I tried writing to an 'Arita' DVD+RW disc.

This time the write was successful, and the contents can be read using
CDROMFS. A count of the contents gives about 3.5GB which seems correct.

Two differenced from before:

1) The disc ejected once the writing process was complete. Before it did
not.

2) The drive light was on continuously during the writing process. Before
it flashed on and off during the process IIRC.

I will try another DVD+R later today with the same source material and see
how I get on.

Slainte,

Jim

Armstrong Audio  http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/Audio/armstrong.html