[cdvdburn] Re: Failure to produce a disc I can read

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 13:59:09 +0100

On 09 Jul, jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I will try another DVD+R later today with the same source material and
> see how I get on.

Just tried writing the same material to a 'BulkPaq' DVD+R. Again, this
wrote a disc which CDROMFS can read fine.

This time the drive light flashed on and off during writing, and the disc
ejected at the end of the writing process.

Is it the case that the light indicates the type of disc or speed of write?
e.g. writing to a +RW gives a light 'on' steadily, but writing to a +R
makes the light flash on and off?

Slainte,

Jim

Armstrong Audio  http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/Audio/armstrong.html