<CT> Re: Text Editor

  • From: "Mike Webb" <mwnews@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jason Bees <jason.bees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:49:36 -0400

> Date:          Sat, 02 Dec 2000 16:34:06 +0000
> From:          Jason Bees <jason.bees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Does anyone know of a good programmers text editor for windows 3.1
> (or even DOS)? Preferably one that can save in UNIX format.
> Thanks, Jason

Well, there's the freeware Programmer's Text Editor for Win3x
(there's also a Win9xME version) which is pretty comprehensive.

I personally like one of the older DOS editors, SLED, which is now
freeware (I've been in contact with Sam Wilmott the author and he's
the one who told me that). You can load as many files and as much text
as conventional memory will hold, and can freely cut and paste between
the files. I believe it may be configurable to save in UNIX format.
Try it, you'll like it!