<CT> Re: Looking For Win3.x App

  • From: Michael Lennartz <lennartz-mi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:12:58 +0100

Hallo
Norm Meunier schrieb am 22.04.2001:
  >My brother uses Win 3.1 and Calmira but doesn't have a decent word=
  > processor.  I don't want to install MS-Word on his machine
  >because that's=
  > just a little too much overkill.  Does anyone know of a
  >half-decent (or=
  > completely decent) freeware word processor out there in Internet
  >land?

Hi Norm,
Word 6 would be a good choice, because it works fine. There is an old
WordStar (10 MByte), and the smallest is Textmaker (5 MByte). WS and
TM are nearly free (they belong to several packages). WordPerfect
comes on a 500 MB CD with cliparts and so on.

On my Laptop (Mitac 486SX33) I use Textmaker. It can read and write
RTF-files, so it is possible to export texts to other word
processors. If your brother has a low-end-machine like my laptop, and
wants to work with big texts (more then 100 kByte), he should install
old DOS-Wordperfect 5.1.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Regards / Saluton

Michael Lennartz
lennartz-mi@xxxxxxx
Alternative Email-Adressen: mail@xxxxxxxxx
                            lennartz@xxxxxxxxxx