[cad-linux] www.free-architecture.org

  • From: "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:51:40 +0300

Hi!
I have announced the following to the free-architecture.org list, but it
may be interesting for this list, too. I hope not too many get this mail
twice now. If you feel that it is off-topic to announce this kind of
website-project, feel free complain in private-mail.

After my first journeys into the world of wikis, I came back to more
traditional CMS and have set up www.free-architecture.org now in a way
that should make it become a useable platform for people interested in
architecture, open source, engineering and cad. The site is not primary
ment to be a software directionary (there are others), but as a
ressource where people can share ideas and experiences on using and
developing open software in cad as well as those who apply open source
concepts and ideas to architecture itself. To make my life easier,
posting on the site requires registration (and spammers should have
difficulties to come through), but than you have full access to write
and edit the content.

After the discussions about perspectives of architectural cad / design
developments, I also wrote some text mainly based on what went on here
some months ago. Everyone should feel to correct my text, I am sure
there are more than ortographic mistakes in it. It would also be great
to have it extended, as some kind of an edited and revised summary of
the discussions going on, being a help to new developers or others
interested one day.

Besides that, I also started some pages on existing applications. To
give you an idea and distinguish from other, similar software
directories, I do not want to list every available CAD/Graphics/...
tool, but concentrate on those that are actual useable in productivity.
E.g. I list applications I really used myself. It might be extendet to
give some kind of user experience, how-to or migration guide.

If you think I should add something important to the site, just tell me!
Ah, and if someone should have an idea for a nice logo...  ;-)

CU Lars.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature