[cad-linux] pdf and 3d with free software?

  • From: "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:49:40 +0300

Hi,
while I still believe in x3d, I was a bit curious about the 3d-features
in new Adobe PDF documents as supported by their Acrobat Reader. I could
not find much about ot except the usual marketing papers and the reviews
of the same papers by some online magazines (there were still few
interesting sources, but they still make me thing that the whole is just
a format bound to Adobe by both generator and viewer). Is it possible to
use any of the available free pdf-toolchains to embed the u3d-format
(which seams to hold the 3d content), and is it possible to convert from
any common and documented format into u3d?

TIA,CU Lars.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature