[cad-linux] Re: splittig the list

  • From: Maria Pinjanainen <mpinjana@xxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:15:02 +0300

On pe, 2003-09-19 at 04:26, phrostie wrote:
> it's not a new subject, but most discussion about splittig the list has been
> off list.
> i just got word from the staff at freelists and they do not consider it
> duplication as long as the two lists are "really discussing two
> different facets of CAD on linux".
>
> so at the risk of starting a flame war.  do we keep cad-linux for user
> discussion and anouncements, splitting off the development to a new
> list(suggestions for a name)?
>
> do we create an annoucement list and keep all discussion on cad-linux?

That would be nice, if want to know what is happening. And do not like
"high-level-discussion".
That means too, that members must know how to use it. There should be no
reply-to that list. It must be to discussion-list. (For example.)
That works in few Linux-User groups.

> or
>
> are there other options that should be considered?
>

> btw, i know that most projects have their own development list, but more than
> one or two new projects got started on this list.  several projects found new
> help and ideas from discussion from this list.  i'd hate to lose that.
>

> i can find strong point for either of the two above options.
> feedback, comments, suggestions.

My thinking is...That splitting in dev and discussion is ok. Developing
is going over my head, but I keep is useful. ;-)