[cad-linux] splittig the list

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:26:58 -0400

it's not a new subject, but most discussion about splittig the list has been
off list.
i just got word from the staff at freelists and they do not consider it
duplication as long as the two lists are "really discussing two
different facets of CAD on linux".

so at the risk of starting a flame war.  do we keep cad-linux for user
discussion and anouncements, splitting off the development to a new
list(suggestions for a name)?

do we create an annoucement list and keep all discussion on cad-linux?

or

are there other options that should be considered?

btw, i know that most projects have their own development list, but more than
one or two new projects got started on this list.  several projects found new
help and ideas from discussion from this list.  i'd hate to lose that.

i can find strong point for either of the two above options.
feedback, comments, suggestions.

--
Oh i've slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux