[cad-linux] Re: binary of lx viewer

  • From: keith frost <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 09:52:27 -0700 (PDT)

--- AJBIBB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Keith,
>
> I had not planned on it, but it really is not that
> difficult to do so have
> them look sometime late tomorrow (if it does not
> appear by then, it will be
> Monday).

thanks i'll pass it along

> The reason for the delay is a long story (involving
> the absolute worst
> operating system in the world - Win XP), but getting
> things from my linux box
> to the internet now involves a samba network, a
> multitude of floppy disks,
> and a 10 mile drive from my home to office.  BTW: my
> impression of XP is that
> it was written to specifically NOT be able to
> interface with any Linux
> machine no matter what you do.

you are not the first to suggest that.  let them, it
will only force users and developers away.

> Have you run across
> any other opinions on
> this?  The Samba sites have many mentions of it, and
> I find that I agree with
> them.

everything i've heard is either one extreme or the
other.  it depends on what you want to beleave.  I've
not had to work on a Win platform in many years.  been
working with AIX, Solaris, and a little Irix.  and of
course Linux at home.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://shopping.yahoo.com