[cad-linux] Re: TomCAD

  • From: "Thomas Schmidt" <thomas.schmidt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:42:48 +0100

Yes, Hoops is a really good toolkit (no, I do not get money for advertising
:-) ), but it is not
often used in the OpenSource world, maybe because of its commercial
background.
I have frequently checked out TSA's website since they released the
Hoops3dAF free version for Linux.
They have not changed their licencing since then. And they still do not
mention the GPL.
So I have just sent a mail to them about their toolkit and the GPL. Once I
get their answer, I'll let you know.
If it turns out that I can not use the GPL, I'll switch to another licence.
But whatever kind of licence
this might be, TomCAD will stay free software.