[cad-linux] Re: TomCAD

  • From: Kim Lux <lux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 20 Jan 2003 14:14:30 -0700

Hi Tom.

I have a couple things to say...

a) My apologies for insinuating that you might have been attempting to
circumvent the GPL.  I wrote that and I should have waited until I
discussed it with you. I interpreted silence as avoidance.  I recently
did find a company circumventing the GPL, so I was presupposed to think
it was happening again.  FWIW, this was the only place I said it.  My
apologies.

b) Thank you for replying to the group and spending some time with us
!!!

c) I like what I am hearing about TomCAD.  What are your detailed plans
for it ? How much research did you do into the other available CAD
packages before starting TomCAD ?  ie Varkon, Cascade, etc.  Would you
be interested in having other developers assist you with various duties
in its development ?

d) Below you are discussing the hoops library and the possibility of
using another library if there are licensing issues.  What other
libraries were you thinking of ?  What sort of functionality is the
hoops library providing ?  Could another package like Varkon replace it
?

Thanks and my apologies again.

Kim Lux

--