[cad-linux] Re: DXF,DWG,HPGL to Web server

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 18:50:19 -0400

although DWF is an option,  a rastor or pdf is easier for the end user.
i'm not sure if there are any opensource/crossplatform dwf viewers.
if you wish to view a dwf you would be forced to do so from a x86 platform.
even if you used a dwf viewer with wine or the Xrossover plugin it would be
limited to x86 hardware.

as a Catia driver i would hate to have to hunt down a PC so that i can use
IE, when netscape runs just fine on RS hardware.  my current employer, and
some of my prior ones, make extensive use of Tiffs and PDFs for this purpose.

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
//www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux