[cad-linux] Re: Autocad

  • From: AJBIBB@xxxxxxx
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:02:44 EDT

David,

I also have a program that uses the OD libraries which may help you.  It is
primarily a drawing viewer, but we have added some batch capabilities to it.  I
am not sure what text you need to extract, but you could use my program to
convert all 5000 dwg files (in one batch) into dxf files which could then be
searched using any one of a variety of tools for the strings that you need.  It
is not exactly what you are looking for but this solution does at least use off
the shelf programs.  If you are interested the link below will take you to
the project home page:

http://lx-viewer.sourceforge.net/

Andy