[cad-linux] Re: Autocad

  • From: David Meyer <djmeyer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:46:13 +1000

Andy,

I tried sending this to you directly but your account rejected me:)

Thanks, we have some cross reference data located in the top left corner of
many of our drawings. We are trying to build a database of this data and it
seems best if we can automate it. Hopefully 5000 dxf files will be easier
to deal with.

The data we are looking for is a 5 digit number (our part number). There
can be 10 or more, each in single line text objects. Now I need to work out
how to find them in a dxf file:)

I have isolated the sort of data I am looking for but I need to work out
what it all means. I think I have found a decent reference for dxf file
format now so I should have this sorted sooner rather than later.

Thanks,

David