[cad-linux] Re: Any suggestions about free hosting sites for a CAD symbol library?

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:01:52 -0800

# from Arthur Torrey
# on Wednesday 20 January 2010 12:53:

>I want to release it under a Creative Commons, Share-
>alike, by attribution (CC-BY-SA) license, as that seems the most
> appropriate Free Software license for this kind of project.

It's an appropriate license.  It's not a software license, but this
isn't software -- which might cause you trouble with sourceforge or
googlecode (read their terms carefully, I haven't.)

> I need to find a hosting site for it however, and was wondering if
> anyone has some suggestions.

My first thought was openclipart, but I guess that has to be public
domain.  You might look around on the creativecommons wiki (and
apparently they even have a tool for uploading to archive.org.)

  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost
  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcPublisher

--Eric
--