[cad-linux] Re: 2D vs 3D thoughts: reuse the code Luke

  • From: marrandy <marrandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:57:59 -0500

On Saturday 18 January 2003 08:17 pm, you wrote:
> Yes, get a web site going.  Decide on a name.  But, please don't start
> from scratch.  Another project started from scratch and it will be
> another 10 years.

If you've followed the thread, you should know we don't want to start
everything from scratch.

We want to send a proposal to all the authors/ex-authors of other CAD efforts,
be they dead, dormant, whatever and try and bring as many people and as much
ideas and code together as possible.

Although, often, a second effort competing product can spur improvements via
competition, to date, there seems to be over a dozen attempts which is just
too much of a dillution of limited CAD programming resources.
Despondent and disillushioned programmers have fallen away.

United we stand, too divided we fall.

Endless talk without action isn't effective either.  There has been a good
couple of weeks of discussion.  I don't want to see it go on indefinetely
with no concrete move forwards.

Regards...Martin