[brailleblaster] Re: MDI

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:40:16 +0000

My solution... don't use a Mac. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: brailleblaster-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:brailleblaster-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Whapples
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 12:26 PM
To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [brailleblaster] Re: MDI

I think the Mac may have issues with multiple instances of an application, I
think there is a question in the eclipse FAQ about having multiple instances of
eclipse running on the Mac.

However, having multiple windows for one application is possible on the Mac.

Having said all the above, I also agree with the idea of most users probably
will be dealing with one document at a time. May be the design though needs to
be considered to ensure multiple documents will not be difficult to add in the
future.

I would agree with François about it being difficult to understand
BrailleBlaster source code, many bugs could be lurking in there because its too
hard to follow the code. I wonder whether it might be worth slowing the
development of new features for a short time and concentrate on improving the
code design and hopefully sort out some bugs as well.

Michael Whapples