[brailleblaster] Re: MDI

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:28:24 +0000

Just FYI, some of the large NIMAS files-over 2 MB-seem to just about bring down
most of the software that I've tried to use. This is mostly because it's XML
and has over 1500 images. I really can't imagine that many people are going to
need multiple documents open at once-at least not in our context at APH. My
suggestion is to make as much progress as possible getting a single document
interface fully developed. Maybe keep the MDI framework but disable it for now.

I was able to load and translate the 2.2 MB book with BB so that's a good sign.

BB doesn't display images yet does it? That would be an important feature to
add since describing the images is a lot of what transcribers need to do.

Just a suggestion.

Keith