[brailleblaster] Re: Embossing from the command line

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:07:38 -0500

The emboss and translate subcommands have not been modified to look for
files in userProgramData first. I was thinking of doing this, but
debugging has first priority. Is the findInProgramData method in the
FileUtils class being used elsewhere, and does it work?

Something will have to be done to prevent users from editing using
nimas.cfg in the GUI and then truing to emboss from the command line.
nimas.cfg will produce brf if the configSettings string contains
"formatFor brf". I think that translate and emboss should produce an
error message if the user attempts to use incompatible files and then
stop, but I'm not sure how that could be done.

John