[bookshare-discuss] txt files

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:14:54 -0400

Even if txt has the capability of saving formatting attributes such as page
breaks, as a validator I have not seen people using such capabilities. The
reality is that we see txt files without any formatting attributes. There is
a difference between actuality and reality. Additionally, even though
bookshare accepts other formats, the preferred format is rtf. Also if a
submitter's txt file is capable of saving formatting he or she should
consider that the validator may not be able to do the same, and save the txt
as rtf for bookshare. I understand that this is not an absolute requirement,
but I have come across many txt files that left a lot to be desired.

Just my $0.02, for whatever its worth.