[bookshare-discuss] spelling

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 08:29:07 -0500

I have never been able to see. I learned grade 1 braille long before I learned to type. I have great spelling. I see the word in my head. I think the reason my spelling works is we used to have spelling classes where we had to write out the word in grade 1 and then in grade 2 braille. So I learned the contractions and the letters some of the contractions stood for. My email sometimes contains spelling errors because I type quickly but I know how to spell well.

I have no idea what this means in terms of any larger population of blind people.

E.