[bookshare-discuss] literary classics

  • From: "Kasondra Payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:17:38 -0700

I was in Sam’s Club yesterday doing my Christmas shopping when I saw
something that made me think of Bookshare.  My husband and I spotted
something calling itself the classics library.  It was an eight-volume set
of hardbound classic literature.  The titles included: The Jungle Book, A
Christmas Carol, The Call of the Wild, and others.  This set sold for about
$85.  We talked about which ones we had read in school and which ones we had
just seen the movies to.  We also agreed that someday nice editions of these
books should be in our library for our children to read.  Right now we are
just dealing with our growing collection of Dr. Seuss books.  We have seen
other collections of books as we have done our shopping the classics that
are in the public domain.  I decided to do that this month.  After all, I
have been in the hospital twice this week for observation.  If I end up on
bed rest, I want it to be more entertaining than the last time.  Last time I
ordered cable TV.  Now I also have Bookshare and my computer to keep me
entertained.  That is great!  Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Kasondra Payne

This made me think of Bookshare because I realized that I could go home and
download any of these books that I didn’t already have.  I started with that
collection, and I expanded to include books by other well-known authors that
I enjoy.  Thanks to Bookshare I have a lot of modern books, but I haven’t
spent much time download