[bookshare-discuss] Re: editing question

  • From: "Liz Halperin" <lizzers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:47:41 -0700

Hi Saml, Liz Halperin here. I submitted The Nun's Story.  The page
numbers were there. As often happens,t he page numbers are on the same
line as the headers--meaning one side of the pbook has the author's name
and page number and the facing page has the book title (or chapter
title) and page number. The Bookshare propgram that strips the headers
and footers removes those page numbers if they are part of the header.
As a braille reader, I'll tell you I'd rather lose the page numbers than
have to face the titles and author's names on each page! Anyway, that's
what happens sometimes. I far prefer the books that have the page
numbers on the bottom, then what I do is delete the blank line between
the text and the page number, then it doesn't get stripped.

Liz in Seattle