[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: John Rutter

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:38:35 -0500

Wow, Larry - I think the first Rutter piece we performed was in the late 80s, so you're a decade ahead of me in discovering him. smile. My mother-in-law's been lucky enough to attend Rutter's workshops at least two times that I remember. She says he's a wonderful person to work with. Actually, she and I were thrilled to find out how nice he is because both of us had some pretty bad experiences when we were playing in symphonies and ensembles with "brilliant" composers who were a pain in the butt to work with in person. smile.

Judy s

Larry Lumpkin wrote:
I've been collecting Rutter since 1980
----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: trumpet music
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 30, 2008, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I agree with Elfqueen that it can be redundant as far
as the
Halijulia or however ya spell it, chorus, what is worse for
me was
when I was singing first tenor in a choir singing the
Rutter Gloria
singing "Amen" in 5 /8 time, and we did have a
full orchestra with us
doing that one, as well as the Canite Tuba by Don McKulla,
though it
was only the first movement of the Canite Tuba.

On 5/30/08, Patti Johnson <pat1206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I saw Winton Marcellus in concert last year.I enjoyed
it very much..
Patti

Throw all your worries on Him, for He cares for you.
1 Peter 5-7,
 Good News for Modern Man, Today's English Version