[bookshare-discuss] Re: O_T Help with a Windows 7 question

  • From: "Ron Miller" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:25:36 -0400

Hi Ann, Ahem?

A good catch. I actually fell prey to my own eccentricity there. I've
been changing the name of the "My Computer" shortcut on my Windows
desktops  to "Computer" for the last 8 to 10 years simply so that I can
more easily use first letter navigation to get to the shortcut. It
seemed as if all of the Microsoft app shortcuts began with the letter m:
My computer, My Briefcase, My Documents, Microsoft Word... So, I always
changed "my Computer" to simply "computer," "My Documents" to
"documents," etc.

Having done this for so long, it didn't even register that the
"computer" shortcut was native.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Best

Ron Miller