[bookshare-discuss] Re: Help! Bookshare Has Been Invaded!

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:17:15 -0400

Hi, Vapour. Thanks for your reply to my post. Most of us don't have the original book to refer to when we validate. Validations are like playing songs with a guitar in that some are almost effortless to do while others take a lot of work. If you are new to validating, I would encourage you to start with an easy book. There are certain submitters who consistently submit scans that have already been cleaned up and that are easy to validate. These are great for new validaters or for people who want to help but who have limited time. There are quite a lot of these books on step 1 right now. Some submitters to watch for are Jim Baugh, Jamie Yates, Scott Blanks, Mayrie ReNae, Carrie Karnos, Bud Schwab, Shelley Rhodes, and Natasha. I can't remember Natasha's last name at the moment, and she's the only person by that name who submits books. (smile) We have a lot of talented submitters, and this is just a short list of people who are both skilled submitters and who are easy to find on the lists if you need help with any part of their work. With so many books to choose from, I hope you'll find one you like and that your first validation will be more fun than work. (smile)

Monica Willyard

Vapour Wiseblood wrote:
First off, I love this email. Very creative indeed. Secondly, I will proofread/validate something here shortly. I just wonder if I'll do all the great of a job since I don't have the original book for comparison. I suppose I'll just have to do my best. -Vapour