[bookshare-discuss] Re: Going, Going, Gone!

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pattigj1206@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 08:34:19 -0400

Hi all,

Patty, I'm sorry to hear you say this. The reason the rules are so stringent is because we want Bookshare to be the best it can be. the fact that publisher quality books are not held to the same standards as are volunteer submissions is, I feel more of a problem than anything else. Some PQ books don't even have page numbers. Others have different kinds of errors, but the main complaint I have is that the PQ books aren't marked up properly so you can't navigate them well.

As for scanners and books that need scanning, I suggest scanning older titles. Titles which may not be in PQ submissions. I've got a household of print books which I think I'm going to see if they can be scanned. I am currently proofing a BSO. I am sure that Bookshare has other BSO's that could be rescanned or even just sumitted to proofers for clean-up.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."
Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list of