[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fantasy book club

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vapour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 21:48:39 -0400

Hi all,

Hmmmm, I've read all three. I don't remember much about The Eye of Time, but the other two I remember quite well. If I were picking, it would depend on how I was approaching the genre. If you just wanted to read fantasy and discuss characters and what you liked and what you didn't like, I'd choose Weiss and Hickman. If I were going to talk about fantasy and how it relates to myth and legend and religious writings, then I'd choose The Book Of Three because of its close kinship with the Mabinogian (sp) I can never spell that name when I need to do so! It's your book club, your call.

As for times, either time works for me, but late on Friday afn is better than early as I usually go grocery shopping about 2-ish every other week on Fridays. Unfortunately, I go with a volunteer, and he comes when he can, and we have to schedule it and all. You know, one of those transportation issues. I usually have a student early on Saturday mornings EDT, but don't think that should interfere with anything you want to do, Vapour. I understand from Pat that you're on the Left Coast, so early Saturday morning would be noonish for me.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring