[bookshare-discuss] Downloading newspapers and magazines from Bookshare:

  • From: Brenda Mueller <brendin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:40:55 -0400

On Sunday for the first time I decided to try to get a newspaper or magazine to
read.  I logged in and succeeded at getting a copy of the NEW YORK TIMES in a
brf file, that I happily read with my voice note.  Yesterday I decided to try
to get another issue of "the times" or something else to read.  I couldn't get
a list to choose from this time.  That's when I typed for help and found out
about this site where I could post my questions and maybe help with others.
Tonight I tried it again.  The system says there are no newspapers available,
and when I tried for the national ones, I didn't get a list.  As a last-ditch
attempt to get a list, I tried clicking on the select option.  I got no list,
but an error message and a thank-you for participating in the beta testing.  I
guess I flunked.  (grin.).  What am I doing wrong? I get books with no problem,
but this newspaper and magazine thing has me stumped.  How can I get a list as
I did on Sunday, so I can choose one, select my f
 o!
rmat such as brf, and download it? Am I doing something wrong, or is there
something wrong with the site?

I know; this inexperienced internet user is probably at fault, right? Okay, how
do I correct the fault.  Hey, look, the power is back on, but I think a storm
is brewing outside.  I had better hurry and post this.  Thanks in advance for
any suggestions you can give me.  I'm using a voice note, version 5.00, build
24, I think.  I refuse to give up my stable 5.00 just yet.  Voice Note Commands
and Braille Note commands are pretty much the same.  I'm using a braille
keyboard.

Brenda Mueller