[bookshare-discuss] Re: Downloading newspapers and magazines from Bookshare:

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 01:30:07 -0700 (PDT)

Brenda, when something is Beta, it's a preliminary
testing of a programor service. You should write to he
site whence you got the Times, if youc an find it
again and if it's possible,to telll them howmuch you
enjoyed the paper and. more important, how important
it  it would to blind people to be able to read the
Times -- that there are so few papers or magazines
available and that you know many people wo would be
interested insuch a service.  Maybe, then the NY Times
will make it available.

I recently came across another beta program -- one the
libraries have but wa being made available to the
public on an experimental basis -- this enables one to
find a book in *any* library in the country (world?)or
almost any -- so you can put in the name of a book
you're looking for and find out if it's in a library
near you without having to check each library's online
catalog individually. Unfortunately, when I went to
check another book, that program, like your NY Times
one, was gone. I did write to them because I wold find
that very useful, and I do hope it becomes available
to the public.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo