[bookshare-discuss] Re: A Separate Peace & newspapers

  • From: Brenda Mueller <brendin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:03:14 -0400

Thanks, Cindy,

Thanks so much for forwarding my message.  I was a bit tired last night and
really appreciate your help.  Cindy, I don't really have a print copy of that
book.  I'll have to find a way to buy one and scan it.  The missing pages just
weren't there.  I was hoping that Bookshare had a copy of that original scan,
so someone there could fix it.   I originally read that book in 1975 from
talking book records from the library for the blind.  Now, you say, why am I
reading it again?One day I was talking to my friend at work about books.  I
said, "It's strange, Eydie, but some details of the book aren't quite in my
memory.  I read them over 20 years ago.  Why didn't I see the questions I see
now? Was I such a bad reader?"
"No, Eydie said.  "It's just that you're coming to the book differently.
You're not a 19-year-old kid; you're a woman in your 40's with different
experiences than you had then."  She said enjoy rereading, exploring, and
questioning.  That's what I was doing.  I still love a good story, though,

Brenda Mueller