[bookshare-discuss] Re: A Multimedia Event for Gordon Lightfoot Fans

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 14:11:04 -0400

Hi Kim, I liked both his earlier and later stuff; although, like any other
artist that has put out as much stuff as he has, I don't like every album
equally.

Susan Polis Schutz didn't say why she selected what went into the book, but she
clearly seemed to like Cold On the Shoulder, the album after Sundown, since
there are excerpts from four songs from that one, more than from any other
album. Interestingly, she didn't put anything in from Sundown, which I think is
one of his best. One of those occasions where great popularity coincided with
great creativity in my view.

One of the things I admire about Lightfoot is that, like any great artist, he
didn't let himself be constrained by a specific musical genre.

Evan