[bookshare-discuss] Re: A CHristmas Guest and A Christmas Journey

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 02:27:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Greg,

Welcome!!!

Theoretically, this is the list where we discuss
books, and a new list,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bschat/members?o=6, has
been formed for discussions about anything under the
sun, because...

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx is the list for
volunteers who want to scan and submit books and/or
who want to validate books. Some people belong to
both. People can ask questions from either list, but
the bksvol-discuss list is the best place to ask
questions. As you will find, everyone is very
friendly--or most people are, anyway--and helpful. We
get to know each other and conversations get off the
topic of technical or "how to" questions. There began
to be some complaints about so many off-topic posts,
so the bschat (for bookshare, not that other thing)
list was started by Lora.

If you're going to scan or validate, I suggest you
join the bksvol-discuss list. Even if you don't ask
questions yourself, other people's will be helpful to
you.

Cindy

--- "Gregory A. Daniel" <gdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>