[bookport] Re: new feature

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 23:01:36 +1200

Hi Don and list:

I can easily recognise the benefit of the suggestion you made, that bookport
be able to process and access chm files. While I recognise the benefit that
you pointed out, I also can see the down side of offering this functionality
in the device. Why should APH do work that rightly belongs to another? That
is, each company should make their manuals available in an accessible
format. If someone jumps in and does this for them, they will never have the
incentive to do what they reasonably ought to.

Cheers,
Dave