[bookport] Re: new feature

  • From: "Barrett, Don" <Don.Barrett@xxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 11:56:05 -0400

Actually, from an accessibility viewpoint, .chm files are very =
accessible.  I can easily open up any help file in any application using =
the .chm format and navigate and read Help with the screen reader.  From =
an accessibility standpoint, these companies don't have to do any more; =
but from a usability standpoint, .chm is a big problem, and that is the =
basis for my reason for asking APH to add this format to the BookPort. I =
think for blind people, well I'll speak for myself, it would be much =
easier to learn software if the help system was on the book port and not =
the same computer I was trying to learn on.  In other words, without =
having to switch back and forth from help to application and visa versa =
would make the learning curve much easier, at least for strugglers like =
myself.

This is not an accessibility issue, but a big usability issue.

Don