[bookport] Re: mp3 playback

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:56:45 -0500

For those who don't know, the BP increases speed without increasing pitch
when the speedup feature in the transfer software is used.  It's not as
smooth as the Victor Reader software in the NLS beta test program but it's
not bad.  I can certainly understand folks who want as natural voice as
possible but  I find the rate at which most material is recorded to be way
too slow so, like Will, I like to increase it to double  speed or even more.
That's one of the reasons I use mainly text material so far with the BP
because I can crank the double Talk to nearly full speed.  I suspect that
even that is slower than sighted folks read, though.  Lou