[bookport] Re: mp3 playback

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:14:42 -0600

I purchased the book port thinking that one could do pitch corrections
in audio files as one was listening to the files.  It wasn't until I
read more in the users guide that I realized that one could only do this
with the software when copying a book to the book port.  I too would
really like this, but the compression algorithm has to be good enough to
keep it from sounding choppy.  I own a recording studio and I have
played around with various compression algorithms.  Some work really
well and some do not.  I don't know enough about how much memory and
processor capacity this would place on a unit the size of the Book Port,
but it certainly would be nice if it were available and well done.  Of
course, I know that Larry and his team will see to that if it is at all
possible to be done.
Neal