[bookport] Re: life of a CF card

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:23:32 -0500

I have sometimes had cards that would not format on either my computer
or in a device such as the bookport.  I would try to format them and
get an error message.  Once I got this message, I could not use the
card on either my computer or on any other device.  I suspected that
my card reader was at fault, so I purchased a Sandisk card reader.  I
have not had this problem sense.  The cards that said they could not
be formatted have now been successfully formatted with the new card
reader.  I'm not saying this is your problem, but it is something to
consider.
Neal