[bookport] Re: life of a CF card

  • From: "Melissa Tucker" <melissatucker4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:56:02 -0400

I got it from zip zoom fly.com
Yes, I ran chkdsk and it's dead.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandy Licht" <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 3:53 PM
Subject: [bookport] Re: life of a CF card

Depending on where you bought it, your card should have a lifetime warranty on it. Sandisk is a great brand. Are you positively sure it is dead? Did you run Check Disk?

If a card doesn't specifically say it is a Type II, then it is a Type One. Type Two's are rare.

At 02:40 PM 8/10/2005, you wrote:
My 2gb sandisk card is dead, and I want to know what is the usual life of a cf card, and what can I do to make my next one last longer? I've looked on froogle for the best prices for a new one, but I'm scared I'll get the wrong type of 2gb card, so I'm looking for some advice.

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A