[bookport] Re: ['bookport] Re: ('bookport) - MP3 now whitenoise

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:20:38 -0400

We try to mention everything in our manuals, so you have access to all
of the information. The 2 plus b reset is all you need. Also, a reformat
(the 4 corner keys: 1 plus 3, plus d plus f). I have seen this happen
before, but we don't yet know the cause.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> j.cosgrove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/10/05 03:58PM >>>
Hello Pamela

>If the files play on the PC and you've tried to re-send the files,
>then, unfortunately, the unit will need to come back for repair.

This is exactly what I did.  However, it did occur to us whether there
might be some sort of hard reset which is not mentioned in the manual?
This sort of thing is found on some amateur radio equipment for one
reason or another.  Is this problem happening with a certain batch and,
if so, what is the cause?

>There will be no charge, since you just got it. If it can't be fixed,
>then we will replace it. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this

Yes, I am sorry too although I intend to try a 'format' first as I have
all the files on another disk.

>American Printing House For The Blind

I bought mine from Hagger Electronics in the UK.

Thank you for your help in any case.

--
Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.)<j.cosgrove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/08/05