[bookport] Re: follow-up regarding "Hot Six" book from Bookshare.org

  • From: "KEITH CREASY" <KCREASY@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:12:34 -0400

Hi Missy.

It is true that many of the books from Bookshare have the headers and
footers included and it is a little disruptive. I've gotten used to it.
You could probably load the ".xml" file before you send the book to the
Bookport and take them out but I don't think it would be worth the time
and effort. Most of those books were scanned from paper to text files
then converted to the DAISY format so they are a bit rough.

Keith

>>> melissah@xxxxxxxx 07/15/06 05:34PM >>>
Hello, Keith and the rest of the list. I'm just following up on one of
the
problems I wrote in about last week. I have Book Wizard version
1.1.1.0,
and when I read "Hot Six" on my computer, it behaves the same way as it
did
when I sent it to the bookport. So, I guess that means that at least
for
that book, I'm stuck with it reading the title or author every time
there's
a new page. I wouldn't suppose there's any way to edit that stuff out?
If
not, I suppose I can ignore it; it just kind-a interrupts the flow of
the
story.
Anyway, Jit would seem that for now, all my bp and bw related issues
are
resolved. Thanks for all your help, and I hope you're having a great
day!
Missy