[bookport] Re: connecting the bookport to the pc

  • From: "James Snell" <wa4tng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 22:36:44 -0400

i recently purshased a book port from aph, when i tryed to connect it to my
compaq computer i would hear the connect sound but nothing would hapen.
i tried all of the other usb ports but no joy. i talked to pamela at aph, and
she said that the chip set for the amd athlon prosser used for the usb ports
were not conpatible with the book port.

    i purshased a new 32 bit usb pci card installed it along with the driver
software and it works just fine.

    also if you have a usb printer it may interfear with the bookport software.
i can only connect the bookport to the new usb card.

p.s. hope this wil help to resolve your problem.

james snell